THE STUDENT NEWS SITE OF THE BALDWIN SCHOOL

THE HOURGLASS

THE HOURGLASS

THE HOURGLASS

The Arts Jubilee: A Fusion of Creativity and Community

The Arts Jubilee gets an update, evolving into a newly engaging experience.

The Arts Jubilee, an eagerly-awaited event at The Baldwin School, is undergoing a transformation this year. Breaking from its traditional assembly setting, the event is now an after-school experience, promising an eclectic blend of student performance, along with a curated mocktail bar and a student art exchange. 

It will be on April 26 from 6:30-8 p.m. in the Simpson Center. The performance will be free, but items at the mocktail bar will cost $5 and to participate in the art exchange will cost $15.

Unlike previous years, where students’ artistic performances took center stage during assembly, this year’s Arts Jubilee includes a more immersive experience. Arts League has spent this year reshaping the event, and the nine students performing have worked hard to hone each of their crafts, according to Trisha Yun ‘24, Arts League senior head. 

“I hope that people can fully enjoy the artistic experience and recognize [their peers’] hidden talents,” Yun said. 

Furthermore, Arts League is adding a mocktail bar to draw in attendees. It offers a variety of favorites like Shirley Temples and soda, alongside some inventive additions inspired by faculty members’ favorite drinks. 

Yun hopes that the introduction of the arts exchange will introduce a spontaneous and collaborative element to the evening. Participants will receive an art piece made by students or faculty upon entry, and, throughout the event, have the opportunity to exchange their artwork with others. 

A variety of paintings and drawings will be available for the exchange, and mediums include pastels, oil paint, watercolor, and more. This not only encourages creativity, but also fosters a sense of community as participants connect through their shared appreciation of art. However, since there are a finite number of pieces available, the art exchange is first-come, first-serve. 

“I want to promote the message that anyone can be part of the arts,” Yun said. “I am excited for what this year’s Arts Jubilee will bring for the upcoming years.”