Cut Highlights of the Year

Your ultimate guide to taking cuts.

This school year, students have continually made the most of their cut privileges. Whether taking short strolls to Starbucks or going on a nice drive home, they certainly enjoy discovering new places to take a break from studying. 

In an online survey, 52 students shared their experiences with places they have visited while taking cuts. Check out the most frequently visited places Baldwin students have been to during their cuts! 

Starbucks

Starbucks has, unsurprisingly, earned its spot as the most popular place to take a cut. More than half of the responses recorded favored Starbucks as a spot visited during cuts. Leela Rajagopal ‘25 says, “Starbucks is close by and always good. I have a cut last period so it’s always a nice treat in the afternoon. There’s space to sit down with friends and it’s easy to walk around with your drink.”

SNAP Pizza

SNAP Pizza serves signature and customized pizzas, fresh salads, and grain bowls. However, despite the convenient location and wide variety of food, students have mixed opinions. When asked what place was their favorite location to take a cut, one student answered, “SNAP because it has the best pizza in the world.” On the other hand, when asked what place was their least favorite, Carley Taylor ‘23 answered, “[SNAP] pizza. I love pizza but their pizza is kinda bad.” However, approximately half of Baldwin students who have taken a cut have eaten here.

Hope’s Cookies

Although Baldwin students often spend their time at both Hope’s Cookies and SNAP (the two share a building), Hope’s falls right below SNAP in terms of popularity. Students most likely go to Hope’s because of its proximity to campus and because it sells sweet treats such as ice cream, milkshakes, and, of course cookies. 12.5% of responses stated that Hope’s was their top choice, citing its convenience and many options. 

Q’doba

15 students in the survey have taken a cut to go to Q’doba, a Mexican fast-food restaurant housing a variety of options. Although a handful of students have left campus to eat at this restaurant, most students did not categorize it as their favorite or least favorite. 

Surreal Creamery

Surreal Creamery, a popular ice cream/boba chain, has recently opened a Bryn Mawr franchise, attracting a couple of Baldwin students. Just like Hope’s Cookies, 12.5% of respondents said that it was their favorite location to visit.

As this school year and cut opportunities come to an end, this list may serve as a guide for students who are thinking about expanding their cut options, or taking a cut if they have not already done so.