All Inter-Ac Athletes Across All Grades

Emma Bradley '18, Staff Writer

image_pdfimage_print

Originally featured in the January/February 2018 Edition

Every year, incredibly talented individuals are recognized as All-Inter-Ac League Athletes, which includes First Team, Second Team and Honorable Mention, based on their performance throughout the season and their clearly displayed talent overall.
Athletes who are ultimately chosen win based on impressive criteria. They demonstrate exceptional ability in their sport and act as invested leaders on their team. They must have played in at least 60% of games in the season, and they must have a nomination from the coach and athletic director of their school.
This year, Baldwin is proud to announce that several athletes were recognized as All-Inter-Ac League Athletes for Fall sports covering three different sports and ranging across three different grade levels. From tennis to soccer to volleyball, various Baldwin Bears of different ages were selected as among some of the best athletes within the All-Inter-Ac League, based on their performance throughout the past season.
Senior defender and co-captain Carly McIntosh ‘18 is recognized as First Team within the All-Inter-Ac League Division for her demonstrated talent and ability on the soccer team. When asked about this accomplishment, McIntosh stated, “I was shocked! It is always an honor to be recognized for your work.” Alongside McIntosh, junior forward and leader Gia Vicari ‘19, Baldwin’s all-time leading scorer with a groundbreaking 56 goals, takes First Team for soccer, as well. Junior midfielders Celia Page ‘19 and Natalie Sgro ‘19 take Second Team for their incredible performances on the soccer field this past season. Senior midfielder Rachel White ‘18 and junior goalie Simi Bleznak ‘19 take Honorable Mention for their unwavering contributions to the soccer team.
In tennis, varsity doubles partners Presley Dagget ‘21 and Grace Lavin ‘21, both freshmen, take First Team for their accomplishments. Reflecting on this award, Lavin said, “Being recognized as 1st All-Interac is a big honor, and I was so excited to win! Presley and I really wanted to win. We had many tough matches, and we pulled through and never lost a game.” Dagget added, “This tennis season has been so much fun and the team as a whole accomplished a great deal, so winning this title, along with a gold medal in Interacs at the end of the season was just the cherry on top.” Tennis team Leader Alexa Diecidue ‘19 takes First Team, along with Teagan Krane ‘19.
Two athletes and leaders were recognized for their talent on the varsity volleyball team. Senior co-captain Haley Tavares ‘18 is recognized as First Team and Laura Pellicano ‘19 takes Second Team. Tavares said, “I’ve been playing varsity volleyball for Baldwin since 8th grade, so I was really happy to receive this title.”
Congratulations to the Baldwin Bears recognized as All-Inter-Ac League athletes, and congratulations to all fall sport athletes on a spirited and successful season!