The Hourglass

Baldwin’s Asian Students Association Plans for an Exciting Cultural Show

Guest Writer, Guest Writer

image_pdfimage_print

Originally featured in the March 2018 Edition

The Asian Students Association will hold its annual Asian Cultural Show on April 6 in the dining hall. In addition to celebrating the Asian holidays of Lunar New Year and Indian Holi, the festivities will include a “night market” with booths for ethnic activities and authentic foods.
Capping off the evening will be student performances displaying native culture with traditional singing and dancing.
“I remember all the bright red colors when I stepped into the dining hall last year! The red glow from the lanterns made me feel like I was in China,” exclaimed Amelia Schafer ’23, who has enjoyed the show in previous years.
“We expect this to be a really big event with around 150-200 people, like previous years,” Stephanie Zhou ’19 commented.
“Activities [for the night] include dinner, a raffle, a henna booth, and a booth where participants can get their names written in Chinese calligraphy. Tickets to enter the raffle are $5 each, and prizes include a $30 gift card to Sang Kee, $30 to Tiffin restaurant, and $40 towards Baldwin gear,” said Ms. Loke, ASA advisor.
ASA will send out flyers to the Baldwin community by February 22 with more specifics on the festivities. Faculty and students will be able to purchase tickets for $1 using cash or My Kids Spending.
Be on the lookout for more information from ASA on the show in coming weeks!